What We Do
Priorities for photographic assignments are news stories, marketing and advertising projects, campus publications, documentation of significant campus events and stewardship. All photography requests must fall into one of these categories before approval is considered. We do not have the resources or time to cover all events. In addition, we do not supply prints of photos that are taken.
- News and Event Coverage - Because of news media deadlines, these assignments may be given priority over all other requests. They may include on- and off- campus "documentary" news coverage of events related to the University and/or pre-event promotional photos or photos designed to accompany a feature story. We also respond to requests made directly from outside media sources. Individuals with upcoming events should contact both UCM news service and the University photographer.
- Advertising/Marketing/Illustration/Art - These photos include a varied blend of campus scenes, feature illustrations and generic campus art developed for use in a wide variety of promotional and advertising literature and also in webpage design. In planning your project, you may find the images you need in our growing archive of campus shots linked here: http://uncpphoto.smugmug.com. If not, contact us about your project idea and a photo shoot can be scheduled to produce images more tailored to your specific needs. Please plan for these production sessions well in advance since we are continually working around news deadlines.
- Faculty and Staff Headshots – We take the Head Shot Portraits of all employees of UNCP. Please fill out the Photography Request Form to schedule a date to have your photo taken.
Please submit the Photography Request Form to schedule a date to have your photo taken.
Head shots are taken in the studio located on the second floor of Jacobs Hall, Suite L.
The Head Shot Info Form below helps us to caption the images with your contact information for the directory.
Please complete and bring the following form with you.
Head Shot Information Form
Digital Photos Archive
Search through the images you want and submit the Photography Request Form below. Some galeries are locked and some are not. To download images from an unlocked gallery, select the image you want, then, in the bottom right corner, click the download button. The download button always saves the original size image. You may choose the size you would like to download also in the bottom right corner. Select the size you want then right-click on the image to save it to your computer. To request images from a locked gallery, select the image you want and copy the link in the address bar and paste it into the Photography Request Form. You may use multiple forms. If you have a request larger than 20 images, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we may give you a temporary master password.
To request photos,
- Complete a Photography Request Form. For ANY service provided by the Photography office, a request is required. Whether you need original images to be captured or are searching for existing images, photo jobs begin with the request form. Photo requests should be made available in writing in time for discussion and planning between our office and yours. Weekday requests must be received at least one week in advance. Night and weekend event requests must be received at least two weeks in advance. Please keep in mind there is only one photographer to cover all the campus needs, therefore, not all assignments will be approved and approval is on a first come, first served basis. Be as accurate and thorough as possible when completing your photo request form. These forms ask most of the questions we need to know in order to plan our location, time of day, equipment needed, and the final product you need. Please be thoughtful and clear in completing the form.
- Review Process. Your request will be reviewed for approval. Approval can be appealed only by direct communication with the photographer.
- Confirmation. Your request is not approved until you receive a written confirmation that your request has been added to the photographer’s schedule. If you have not received written confirmation, please assume that your request is not on our calendar.
- Consultation. Soon after your photo request is received, we will set up a meeting to discuss your project in greater detail. Consultations give the photographer a greater understanding of your needs and the ability to optimize the time allotted for your shoot to ensure your expectations are met. These consultations will be held at the photography studio unless the job is simple enough that a phone consultation may suffice. The photo department is not responsible for providing props, models or securing locations. Anything you need for your shoot must be provided by your department and will be planned during your consultation.
- Delivery. We have a great new delivery system that allows us to send you a download link to all the images from your assignment. In addition, your images will be kept in an online gallery that you can share via email or social media. Download links will be active for two weeks from the time of creation. If you need to download the images any time in the future, please contact the photographer and a new download link will be created for you. Standard galleries will be set up to protect the images from download or copy by others. You may share them in a great number of ways directly from the site, but you cannot download them individually or print them. Please let us know if you will need a password for your gallery in order to hide it from public view.
Photo Release Policy
The University of Norh Carolina at Pembroke is a public university and often uses photographic images of public campus life, events, ceremonies and other activities to advance the mission of the institution. By visiting, registering at, or being employed by The University of Norh Carolina at Pembroke and being present in public settings, you authorize the use and reproduction by the university, or anyone authorized by the university, to any photographs taken while at The University of Norh Carolina at Pembroke, without compensation. All photo files are university property, solely and completely.
Use of University Photographs
All photographs taken with the consent of University Communications & Marketing staff are property of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke and are available for non-commercial use by university students, faculty, and staff, and with prior approval, off-campus media outlets and publications may use them as well. Images should be credited as “UNCP – Communications & Marketing” in all print and electronic publications.
For more information, contact Willis Glassgow, University Photographer, at 910.775.4245 or email@example.com or visit Jacobs Hall, Suite L.