The Department offers the following degrees and programs:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physics
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in biotechnology (in conjunction with Department of Biology)
- Pre-engineering Program
- Dual degree program in Applied Physics in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering with North Carolina State University
To learn more about these programs and degrees, visit the Chemistry and Physics section of the UNCP Catalog.
- Chemistry and Physics (from UNCP Catalog)
- PDF (requires Adobe Reader)
- Degree Pathways (from UNCP Catalog)
- Degree Checksheets
The Department of Chemistry and Physics offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. The Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society, and several degree tracks are available (analytical, environmental, forensics, molecular biotechnology, pre-health professions, and professional tracks) that permit students to focus their studies on areas appropriate to their postgraduation plans.
The Department of Chemistry and Physics offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physics.
The Department of Chemistry and Physics, in conjunction with the Department of Biology, offers a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in biotechnology.
UNCP Biotechnology Center Web Site
For further information regarding this program contact:
Dr. Leonard Holmes
Oxendine Science Building, Room 3215
The Department of Chemistry and Physics offers a pre-engineering program. This two-year program prepares students for entry into an engineering program at North Carolina A & T State University, North Carolina State University, and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Updated: Friday, September 2, 2011