alumni loyalty scholarships
The Alumni Loyalty Scholarship is a local, state and national
competitive scholarship developed for sons and daughters of The University
of North Carolina at Pembroke graduates.
- The alumni scholarship shall be based upon an individual's academic
ability, extra curricular activities, leadership qualities and financial
- Only regularly admitted, first semester freshmen are eligible.
- Eligibility is extended to those students whose parent(s) is(are)
graduate(s) of either the undergraduate or graduate program at UNC
- Need will serve as preference in times when students of equal qualifications
are applying and is it determined that one's college education is
dependent upon financial need.
- Preference shall be given to those students who plan to obtain
a degree at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- Awards shall be given in the amount of $1,000. However, the alumni
board reserves the right to change award amounts.
- The award recipient will be selected from a panel of three judges
which shall consist of the Director of Financial Aid, the Director
of Admissions, and the Director of Alumni Relations, or their designated
- A merit scholarship application
is available to print and mail in.
(NOTE: The number of $1,000 scholarships awarded is determined by the
interest generated/earned by the endowment from year-to-year. These scholarships
are then awarded on a first-come, first served basis once all criteria
has been met.)
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Return to News and Events