career center workshops
- Career Center 101 - Learn more about our Center and what we can do for UNCP Students and Alumni.
- Major Decision - Still need to declare a major? This workshop will help you to narrow down your career interests and personal values.
- Keys to a Successful Job Search - Not sure where to start in your job search? This workshop will help you to create a career action plan for yourself and will expose you to important job search tools and trends.
- Resumes That Get You the Interview - Learn how to start a resume from scratch! This step-by-step tutorial will help you to create a resume that stands out from the rest!
- Interviews That Get You the Job - Tackle commonly asked interview questions with responses that will "wow" employers. This interactive workshop will help you "keep your cool" during an interview situation. [Also consider scheduling a Mock Interview.]
- How to Work a Career Fair - Find out how to impress a recruiter in less than 30 seconds. Learn the "lay of the land" and how to navigate through the "intimidating career fair."
- Careers in.... Series - Learn more about specific majors and career fields. Topics vary.
- Getting Into Grad School - When should you start? What programs are out there? Find out what it takes to get into a graduate school that will help you to achiveve your professional goals.
- Smooth Move: Transition from College to Work - So you've graduated. What's next? Learn more about the differences between the academic setting and the world of work and ways to make a good first impression as a new professional.
Other career-related topics can be prepared with at least four-weeks' notice
Program Request Form [ PDF ] - complete this online request form to schedule a presentation for your class or student organization.
Resumania! - Bring your resume to The Career Center and one of our career consultants will take a look. No appointments necessary.
Major Madness! - Still need to declare a major? Stop by The Career Center to speak with a career consultant about your career interests. Take a career interest inventory or chat with a consultant to narrow down your options. No appointments necessary.
Thursday, November 7, 2013