The University of North Carolina at Pembroke Division of Information Technology maintains licensing for, and supports, numerous software packages. Some of these packages have a limited number of licenses, while some are "campus wide" and can be installed on any university owned computer.
A listing of what is available via the VCL can be found at:
Please select a category below to learn what software in that category is available at UNCP and where it may be found on campus (in the case of software installed in various computer labs) and if it is a limited license package. If you don’t see the software you need listed below, you may also call the Help Desk to inquire about the software and its possible availability. There are software packages in use on campus, such as Adobe Acrobat, Camtasia and Snag-it that are purchased by individual departments.
• Microsoft Office 2007 / 2010 – DoIT maintains a campus wide license for Office. It is installed on all staff and faculty computers, as well as all lab and classroom computers.
• Corel Office / WordPerfect – DoIT does not maintain a campus or limited license for this software. It has been purchased by some individual departments. DoIT encourages the use of Microsoft Office for standardization and efficiency.
• Adobe Acrobat Professional – This software is available via the VCL. This product is normally purchased by individual departments for their own use.
• Dreamweaver – DoIT maintains a limited number of licenses for various versions of this software (version 8, MX, CS5). Currently, there are no available licenses, but you can access Dreamweaver via the VCL. Dreamweaver CS5 can be accessed in the 24 Hour Lab and the Library Lab. Dreamweaver 8 is installed in Sampson 136.
Graphics / Photo Editing / Layout
• Photo Shop Elements – DoIT maintains a limited number of licenses for this software. There are presently no available licenses. This software is accessible for up to thirty nine (39) concurrent users on the VCL. It is also installed in the following labs: Oxendine 1246, Sampson 136, the 24 Hour Lab, the Cartography Lab and Old Main 238.
• InDesign – This software is available via the VCL and it is also available in Dial 149 and the 24 HR Lab.
• Paint Shop Pro – This software is available exclusively via the VCL if it is not already installed on your computer due to a very limited number of licenses.
• Microsoft Publisher – This software is a component of the Office suite and is campus wide.
Scheduling / Flow Chart / Diagram Design
• Microsoft Visio Professional – DoIT maintains a campus wide license for this software and it is available via the VCL.
• Microsoft Project – DoIT maintains a campus wide license for this software and it is available via the VCL.
Statistical Analysis / Mathematical
• Mathematica – Mathematica is available in Oxendine 1246, Oxendine 1254, and the UC Lab or available via the web through Mathematica’s portal at https://user.wolfram.com/portal/. First-time users will need to register with their UNCP email address and provide the appropriate license key. The licenses keys are available via BraveWeb.
• SAS 9.2 – DoIT maintains a campus wide license for this software for faculty and staff. It is available on the VCL and in the Library Lab, the 24 Hr Lab, Oxendine 1246, Oxendine 1254, BA 108, and BA 210
• SPSS – DoIT maintains a campus wide license for this software for faculty and staff. It is also available in BA 108, BA 210, the 24 Hr Lab, Sampson 136 and the Library Lab.
• JAWS, Kurzweil, ZoomText and Inspiration – These assistive software packages are licensed on a limited basis and are available in the DSS computer lab and in various labs around campus as they are needed.
•Assistive Technology software is available to all students with disabilities. Please call Disability Support Services at 910.521.6695 to determine eligibility for access to assistive technologies.
ArcGIS Suite - The Library maintains a campus wide license for ArcGIS, the standard in Geographic Information Systems and mapping software. It is installed in all campus labs and select classrooms, and is available for installation in faculty offices. If you would like to learn more about free online training or one year education licenses for personal computers, please contact Jesse Rouse in the Department of Geology and Geography at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
If your department wishes to purchase additional software, please see the vendor information below. At present, these companies do not have a “Punch-Out” presence in BraveCart, so orders would need to be made as “non-catalog” orders.
UNCP is party to an Adobe contract. If you wish to purchase Adobe software, such as Acrobat Professional or Photoshop, it is mandatory that you use the following contract vendor:
Digital Information Services LLC
Computer Intelligence Association
10425 Dalebrooke Lane, Potomac, MD 20854
For quotes for non-Adobe software titles, you may contact the following vendor.
Aliya Chaudhry Mellars
Regional Sales Manager
Logisoft Computer Products, LLC
6605 Pittsford-Palmyra Rd
Fairport NY 14450
The following vendor is a reseller for Snag-It and Camtasia, produced by TechSmith. Quotes for other software packages may also be obtained from this vendor.
Plagiarism detection, once provided by Turnitin, is now provided via SafeAssign in Blackboard.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please call the DoIT Help Desk at extension 6260 or via email at email@example.com.
Updated: Monday, April 2, 2012
© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 910.521.6000