How to Access UNCP’s Wireless Network
Use the following information to connect to BraveWiFi
- Verify that the laptop’s wireless adapter is on. Normally a button or switch on the keyboard or body of the laptop controls this.
- Locate the wireless network icon in the system tray and click on it.
- The list of available wireless networks is displayed.
- Select "BraveWiFi".
- Check "Connect automatically" and select "Connect."
- You may be prompted that you are selecting an insecure network. If prompted, select "Connect Anyway."
- Open a browser and browse to any off campus site.
- The first time you connect to BraveWiFi, you will be redirected to an authentication page. Login with your network (BraveWeb) username and password. Check "I accept the acceptable use policy." and submit.
You are only required to authenticate for BraveWiFi once every 180 days. Each time you are within range of the network, your device should automatically connect and you can browse freely.
ResidentialWiFi instructions can be found here.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013