spring CLOSING information
Year-End Check – Out Information
On-Campus Student Housing Closes
Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 3:00pm
You must sign up for your appointment during Exam Week –
May 5th – May 9th
Important Notes About Check-Out
- Schedule a 15 minute appointment with your RA.
- Each RA will have an appointment schedule posted on their room or suite door.
- Failure to schedule an appointment may result in an improper checkout fee.
- A resident is responsible for submitting their key(s) and Room Condition Form to the Housing Office located on the second floor of the UC Annex.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday, from 8am-5pm. Residents checking out after office hours will leave their key and form with the live-in staff.
- All residents MUST checkout within 24 hours after their last exam with the exception of Friday!
- All roommates must thoroughly clean the room. Note: Your room should be in the same CLEAN condition as it was when you moved in. If your room is not clean you will be assessed a fee!
- Begin discarding some of the unwanted items you have accumulated throughout the year. For convenience and safety of others, keep all debris and belongings out of the hallways and suite lounges.
- Additional trash dumpsters will be in place so students can dispose of unwanted items. If possible, please attempt to reuse or donate unwanted items.
- Replacement cost will be divided among all occupants of the room, suite, or apartment unless one resident accepts responsibility. The last resident to checkout will be responsible for all damages or missing items not already accounted for. Please communicate with your roommate(s) concerning any pending damages. Decide on responsibility now, or be present at the checkout of your roommates.
Check-list for Check Out/Room Cleaning:
This checklist is provided to make your checkout as smooth as possible. By following this list, it may help you avoid unnecessary cost for cleaning and damages.
- Remove all personal belongings from the room. Dispose of properly!
- Remove all posters, decals, tape, poster putty, from doors, walls and mirrors
- Clean closets, cabinets – dust shelves, furniture including desk tops, dressers, shelves, and countertops
- Clean windows and window sills, and mirrors
- Wipe out drawers in desk and dresser
- Return all furniture to its original position in the room (unbunking beds not required)
- Sweep/mop/vacuum floor throughout room, suite, or apartment
- Take out all trash, (please take to dumpster if receptacles are full)
- Where applicable, empty and clean all kitchen appliances and counter tops, clean bathrooms including showers, sinks, toilets (inside and out), faucets, and living and sun room
Once you have completed all of the above items, you are ready for check-out!
Go to your RA at your established check-out time and have your room inspected.
If you have any questions, please contact your Resident Advisor,
Resident Director or Resident Administrator!
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Return to Closing Information