1. A team will consist of six players on the court. You may start the game with five players but not less than five.
2. The player who is to serve the ball must stand out of bounds behind the end line. All other players must be inside the boundaries of the court and be in their own position when the ball is served.
3. A player may go outside the boundary lines of the court to play the ball.
4. Players must remain in the same rotation order through a game, but may change positions prior to the beginning of another game.( Exception: if a player gets hurt another player may come in if he or she comes into that players position, or during a time out
5. After the first game and at the middle of the third game of a match, the teamd change sides of the net.
6. A match consists of a team winning two out of three games to the score of 15.(Rally scoring)
7.A served ball may touch the net and fall over. If a served ball touches the net and falls over the opposing team should play it over.
8. Score goes to 15 and you must win by 2 if the score becomes 15-15.
9.A ball may be played with any body part from the waist up and must be given immediate impetus. A ball may be played below the waist but not hit over the net
10. A team is allowed three volleys to get the ball over the net. To successive hits by one player is illegal. Simultaneous contactby two or more players is counted as one hit. A ball may be played as soon as any part of it crosses the net. One can't spike a serve or block a serve.
11. All subs happen umpire side of the net.
Updated: Tuesday, October 27, 2009
© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 910.521.6000