REnewal of F-1 Visas
What Items Do Returning Students Need?
All applicants applying for renewals must submit:
- A passport valid for at least six months;
- an application Form DS-156, together with a Form DS-158. Both forms must be completed and signed. Some applicants will also be required to complete and sign Form DS-157. Blank forms are available without charge at all U.S. consular offices and on the Visa Services website under Visa Applications Forms;
- a receipt for visa processing fee. A receipt showing payment of the visa application fee for each applicant, including each child listed in a parent’s passport who is also applying for a U.S. visa, is needed;
- a new I-20 or an I-20 that has been endorsed on the back by a school official within the past 12 months.
All applicants applying for renewals should be prepared to submit:
- A certified copy of your grades from the school in which you are enrolled;
- financial documents from you or your sponsor, showing your ability to cover the cost of your schooling.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Return to International Student/Scholar Services