what can you get by partipating in this program?
- Gain research experience
- Receive student specific mentoring
- Attend scientific seminars
- Meet & work with distinguish scientists
- Attend career development workshops
- Participate in summer internship opportunities.
- Present research conducted at local, regional, and national meetings.
- Attend career development workshops to allow the student to become more
competitive in the marketplace.
- Network with other Bridges participants, university faculty, and other
- Attend Bridges weekend retreat.
- Be mentored and advised on a regular basis.
- Get help in applying to UNC-Pembroke or other four year universities.
A few of the projects Bridges students are currently working on:
- Preparation of Vibrio fischeri
- Oxidation and Reduction of Methelyne Blue
- Plant Micropropagation
- Muscadine Grape Research PPT
- Textile Processing PPT
A Spring 2009 Community College Competition for all interested students:
Wednesday, October 29, 2008