SUBMISSIONS AND AWARDS
- Research and Engineering Apprenticeship by the Academy of Applied Science/US Army Research Office for $2,600 to Dr. Ben Bahr on May 10, 2013
- Native Americans in Professional Education (Achieving Success) - NasnTI by the Office of Postsecondary Education/US Department of Education for $399,356 to Dr. Melissa Schaub on April 25, 2013
- Harnessing Opportunities through Proactive Education and Services (HOPES) by the Office of Postsecondary Education/U.S. Department of Education (NASNTI Part F/Title III) for $395,765 to Dr. William Gash on April 26, 2013.
- A Multidisciplinary Microgravity Research Capstone Course at UNC Pembroke by the NC Space Grant Consortium/NASA (Higher Education/Course Development Program) for $5,000 to Dr. Tim Ritter on April 19, 2013
- A NASA Inspired Outreach Program for North Carolina American Indian Youth by the NC Space Grant Consortium/NASA (Informal Education/Outreach Program) for $2,500 to Dr. Tim Ritter on April 19, 2013
- North Carolina Academy of Science 110th Annual Meeting by the North Carolina Biotechnology Center (Biotechnology Event Sponsorship Program) for $2,470 to Dr. Maria Santisteban on April 22, 2013
- Seeding Postdoctoral Innovators in Research and Education (SPIRE, Year 14) by UNC-Chapel Hill/NIGMS for $3,500 to Dr. Bob Poage on March 25, 2013.
- Student Symposium: Using Science, Social Environments, and Service to Address Disparities by the University of Houston for $5,000 to Dr. Frankie Powell on January 18, 2013.
- ICC-SE Student Symposium by Baylor College of Medicine/NIGMS/NIH (T36 Training Grant) for $25,000 to Dr. Frankie Powell on January 16, 2013.
- Small Business Technology Development Center (SBTDC) - UNCP Sub-Center by NC State University/SBA for $6,890 to Dr. Cammie Hunt on January 25, 2013 (supplemental funding).
- Healthy Start CORPS: Eliminating Health Disparities in Perinatal Health by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for $300,000 to Ms. Veronica Kay Freeman on January 15, 2013.
- Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Nurses (RIBN) in North Carolina by the Foundation for Nursing Excellence (subaward)/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for $38,107 to Dr. Barbara Synowiez on January 8, 2013.
- SBTDC - Biz Boost 4 by NC State University/SBTDC/SBA for $908 to Dr. Cammie Hunt on December 10, 2012 (supplemental funding)
- Small Business Technology Development Center (SBTDC) - UNCP Sub-Center by NC State University/SBTDC/SBA for $59,016 to Dr. Cammie Hunt on December 6, 2012.
- NC-LSAMP Phase V by NC A&T University (subaward)/National Science Foundation (Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program) for $56,085 to Dr. Velinda Woriax on November 30, 2012.
- Grassroots Arts Program - River People Music and Culture Fest by the NC Arts Council (Grassroots Arts Program) for $4,000 to Tasha Oxendine on November 26, 2012.
- UNC Center for Diabetes Translation Research to Reduce Health Disparities by UNC-Chapel Hill/NIDDK/NIH for $120,074 to Dr. Frankie Denise Powell on November 8, 2012.
- Native Americans in Professional Education: Achieving Success (NAPE) by the Office of Postsecondary Education/U.S. Department of Education (NASNTI Part A/Title III) for $396,293 to Dr. Melissa Schaub on October 16, 2012.
- Civil War 150 by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History for $500 to Ms. Karen Fritts on August 20, 2012.
- Student Support Services by the U.S. Department of Education (TRIO Programs) for $286,759 to Mr. Larry McCallum on September 10, 2012.
- NC Space Grant Affiliate Program - NASA/State Funding GY2012 (Yr 3 of 5) by NC Space Grant Consortium/NASA for $15,000 to Dr. Jose D'Arruda on August 30, 2012.
- Indian Heritage Activities 2012 by the NC Arts Council (Grassroots Arts Program) for $1,200 to Dr. Stanley Knick on September 4, 2012.
- Problem Gambling Outreach, Prevention, and Awareness Plan by the NC DHHS - Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services for $5,000 to Dr. Mary-Jeanne Raleigh on August 6, 2012.
Submitted and Pending
- BUILDing a Path to the PhD to NIH/National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities for $150,000 by Dr. Ben Bahr on May 9, 2013
- Bravely Soaring into the Sciences to Burroughs Wellcome Fund Student Science Enrichment Program for $179,445 by Dr. Meredith Storms on April 16, 2013
- The Girls in Science Pollen Study to Burroughs Wellcome Fund Student Science Enrichment Program for $180,000 by Dr. Rita Hagevik on April 16, 2013
- Investigation Toward a Sustainable Program for the Production of Biodiesel, Using Available Low Cost Fuel Stocks to USDA NIFA AFRI Sustainable Bioenergy Program for $149,993 by Dr. Cornelia Tirla on April 1, 2013
- Voices of the Lumbee to the Native Americans Public Telecommunications, Inc. Vision Maker Media/Public Media Content Fund for $100,000 by Dr. Jason Hutchens on March 12, 2013
- Elmer Hunt Access and Digitization Project to the State Library of North Carolina Library Services and Technology Act Grant Program for $70,010 by Ms. Karen Fritts on February 28, 2013
- Assessing the Impact of Online Social Networking on the Practice of Law to Amer. Poli. Sci. Assoc. for $1,620 by Dr. Emily Neff-Sharum on February 4, 2013
- Selective Lysosomal Modulators to Reduce AD-Type Protein Accumulation Pathology to NIH: Drug Discovery for Nervous System Disorders Program (R01) for $3,546,267 by Dr. Ben Bahr on February 4, 2013
- Project PREP: Partnership for the Retention of Education Professionals to the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation for $119,552 by Dr. Sara Simmons on January 31, 2013
- UNCP Youth Start Program to the Lumber River Workforce Development Board/Department of Labor for $260,357 by Dr. Cammie Hunt on January 7, 2013
- NC DOT 2013 Summer Transportation Institute to the North Carolina Department of Transportation/FHWA (2013 National STI Program) for $41,305 by Dr. Cammie Hunt on December 20, 2012.
- UNCP Entrepreneurship Incubator (Resubmission II) to the Economic Development Administration/U.S. Dept. of Commerce (Public Works Program) for $1,166,083 by Dr. Cammie Hunt on December 13, 2012.
- STEM Expansion through Partnerships for Recruitment and Retention to the National Science Foundation (STEM Talent Expansion Program) for $992,903 by Dr. Rachel Smith on December 7, 2012.
- Space Grant Innovative Pilot in STEM Education to UNC-CH/National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program NASA CAN for $36,186 by Dr. Jose D'Arruda on December 6, 2012.
- Portraits of our Past, Framing our Future to the Walmart Foundation Local Giving Program for $5,000 by Mr. Robert Canida on November 30, 2012.
- Partnerships Offering Research, Wellness, Education, and Rigor - Using the Common Core (POWER - UCC) to the UNC-GA NC Quest Program, Cycle XI for $300,000 by Dr. Betty Brown on November 15, 2012.
- Positive Lysosomal Modulation in Aged Rats to American Health Assistance Foundation (AHAF) for $250,000 by Dr. Ben Bahr on October 18, 2012.
- Reducing Cervical Cancer Disparities in Lumbee Indians of North Carolina to UNC-Chapel Hill/American Cancer Society (Research Scholar Grant Program Resubmission) for $17,295 by Ms. Debra Branch on October 15, 2012.
- Cultivating Healthier Birth Outcomes Utilizing Bridges out of Poverty to the North Carolina March of Dimes (Chapter Community Grants Program) for $50,000 by Ms. Kay Freeman on October 15, 2012.
- Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy Facility to the North Carolina Biotechnology Center (Institutional Development Grant Program) for $141,736 by Dr. Ben Bahr on October 8, 2012.
- UNCP Entrepreneurship Incubator (Resubmission) to the Economic Development Administration/U.S. Department of Commerce (Public Works Program) for $1,523,360 by Dr. Cammie Hunt on September 14, 2012.
Updated: Monday, April 22, 2013