Visitors to the UNCP campus (including the Entrepreneurship Incubator and the Office for Regional Initiatives) may automatically register and receive login credentials via text message and connect their personal devices to the UNCPGUEST wireless network. Guests will be able to access the Internet and publicly-available UNCP websites using the common web protocols (http & https). The guest network is available anywhere wireless access exists on campus including academic, administrative, and residential buildings. Guest accounts will have a duration of 15 hours and can be automatically renewed as needed.
Instructions for Guest Wireless Internet Access
Guests will use the process below to register for a guest account.
- Select the "uncpguest" wireless network and connect to it on your device.
- Open an Internet browser and refresh the page or navigate to safeconnect.uncp.edu
- Once the SafeConnect authentication page opens, select “Request Guest Access.”
- Enter the following information:
- Reason for access
- Email address
- Full name
- Phone number where you can receive the text message with your account information. Do not use spaces or dashes.
- Select “Continue.”
- Login credentials will be sent via text to the mobile number provided.
- Use the “One Touch Access” link in the text message to login from that device.
- To login with the same guest account on another device:
- Browse to safeconnect.uncp.edu
- Enter your guest username and password.
- Select “I accept the acceptable use policy”.
- Select “Submit".
Guests may contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance by visiting the D.F. Lowry Building or by calling 910-521-6260.
Note: Faculty, staff, and students should not use their network accounts to connect to the guest wireless network, instead, always use BraveWiFi and ResidentialWiFi.