Student Health Insurance
Academic Year 2013 – 2014
The University of North Carolina system is pleased to announce exciting changes to our Student Health Insurance Program for 2013-2014. Beginning with the fall semester, Student Blue, underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC), will be the new insurance vendor on all 16 UNC campuses.
Our partnership with Student Blue will include:
- Comprehensive health insurance benefits and services
- Quick and easy online enrollment and waiver process
- Anytime access to benefit information from your laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Extraordinary customer service for students, parents and campus staff
- Peace-of-mind with the BlueCross brand and the largest provider network in North Carolina - to complement the care provided on-campus at the Student Health Center
Please note the following:
- Students are required to have health insurance to attend a UNC system school. Students with existing health insurance coverage can waive out of the school insurance plan.
- Students must enroll in or waive out of the coverage no later than September 10, 2013. Visit www.bcbsnc.com/uncp beginning June 3rd to start the process. Students that do not submit an approved waiver, and have not enrolled themselves in the program, will be enrolled automatically.
- Rates for the 2013-2014 Academic Year will be $1,376 per year ($688 per semester). This represents a decrease of 3% from the 2012-2013 student health insurance plan.
- Students who have existing family or individual coverage through another Blue Cross Blue Shield plan must complete the enrollment/wavier process as well. Students who are covered under a different health insurance plan are welcome to consider Student Blue.
- International students are not eligible for the waiver.
For more information, please visitor www.bcbsnc.com/uncp call Student Health Services at 910-521-6219.
For questions regarding the current Pearce & Pearce Spring/Summer 2013 plan please visit http://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/NC/UNCP/.
Thursday, April 25, 2013