The Leadership LLC is an opportunity for 40 first year students to live and study together learning about leadership as a purposeful, collaborative, values-based, and relational process of people in a supportive community creating positive change.
The Leadership LLC will:
- accelerate your connection with the campus community
- expand your leadership capacity
- enhance your potential for success at UNCP and beyond
- guarantee access to UNCP's newest suite style residence hall - Cypress Hall and
- provide other opportunities exclusive to your participation in the Leadership LLC
Selected participants will be expected to:
- Live in the LLC Community on campus (5th floor Cypress Hall)*
- Develop a personalized leadership plan
- Participate in weekly leadership seminars (Tuesdays 3:30-5pm)
- Attend exclusive receptions with access to campus and community leaders
- Take select classes with other first year Leadership LLC students**
1. Fall 2014: (FRS 1000, FRS 1010, ENG 1050*** and HST 1010)
2. Spring 2015: (English 1060)
- Participate in 150 leadership hours during the year as a way to apply your leadership knowledge on campus. Hours will include community service, student organization involvement, and other opportunities.
Please note the following:
Due to pre-enrollment and ongoing time conflicts students participating in marching band will not be able to participate in the Leadership LLC.
* You may not participate in both the Leadership LLC and the Honors College, Teaching Fellows Programs, Global Initiatives LLC, or the Nursing LLC as these programs also have community living requirements.
** Leadership LLC students will be pre-registered for classes in cohort prior to their orientation day.
***To participate in the Leadership LLC you must place into ENG 1050 for fall and not be a part of either the C.O.P. or Bridge programs.