- Tuesday, October 7th - 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.- UC 233- Diversity Dialogue
Topic: Have you ever killed anyone? How we stereotype our Military and Veteran students. Presented by Mike Clawson, Program Coordinator for Military and Veteran Services and Adam Franco, president of Student Veterans Association.
***We will be collecting donations for the Treats 2 Troops Drive at the event if anyone would like to donate***
- Wednesday, October 8- 12:20 p.m.-1:30 p.m.- UC213-Lunch and Learn-Student Involvement and Leadership Series
Topic- College Students Today: Generational impacts across the university. Bring your lunch and join the conversation.
- Tuesday, October 14th - 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - UC 213- Professional Development Brown Bag Series
Topic - QPR: Question, Persuade, Refer. QPR is a national suicide prevention program designed to teach and reinforce bystander intervention sills around the issue of suicide. Participants will learn how to intervene and get help for someone struggling with this critical issue, to dispel myths about suicide and gain knowledge about specific high risk groups in our community. This is a brown bag lunch with light refreshments and dessert being provided.
- Wednesday, October 8th- 11 a.m.-3 p.m.-UC Lawn-Sit, SHARE, Stay
Topic- Sit, Share, Stay- This program is designed to encourage UNCP community members to put down their devices and meet a new friend. CAPS graduate students will set up a couch, table and a basket of questions. Individuals will be encouraged to sit, pick a question and share with the person sitting on the couch with you. Graduate students will be collecting data as people finish their conversations about connectivity, communication and community in our high tech device driven world.
- Tuesday, October 21st- 1 p.m.-2 p.m.- UC213-Webinar
Topic- Successful Mentoring Starts with a Strong Foundation.All strong relationships are built on trust, and mentoring relationships are no exception. In fact, the first 90 days is the most critical time for communication between a mentor and mentee. In this free online event, Starting Strong authors Lois Zachary and Lory Fischler present tools and techniques for successfully launching your mentor/mentee relationship.
- Tuesday, November 11th - 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. - UC 213- Professional Development Brown Bag Series
Topic: - Grant Writing for Student Affairs. Presented by Dr. Chantal Rivera