PURC Symposium will be held April 8, 2015
REGISTRATION & ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Registration and Abstract submission will be open February 2, 2015 – Friday March 6, 2015. The registration and abstract submission are one process. Projects with multiple presenters do NOT need to register separately. Only register each presentation once. Prior to registering, please read registration instructions at the link below. In order to begin the registration process, click the link below or copy and paste the URL into your browser.
Register Here on Feb 2, 2015
Deadline for poster uploading is Wednesday April 1, 2015
- Students are encouraged to adapt their presentations to the standardposter format. Easels, poster boards (3ft x 4ft) and push pins will be provided at the Forum. Posters must be printed prior to the event.
- Oral presentations: Presentations will be limited to 15 minutes (12 minutes for the presentation, 3 minutes for questions). Students are encouraged to prepare a PowerPoint slide show to accompany their talk.
- Scholarly Performance/Film, Music or Video Productions are also welcome. Students will present their performance. Each presenter will have a total of 15 minutes for the performance and questions/answers, using any combination of up to 15 minutes to best highlight their work. For example, you could have a 10 minute performance and take 5 minutes to answer questions. We will provide a TV/DVD combo if needed.
- Exhibit/Displays are welcome for those in the visual arts. All exhibits will be displayed in the same room as the posters. Please advise the staff of your needs such as a pedestal, or a need to hang on wall.
POSTER PREPARATION WORKSHOP
The PURC Center in Wellons is open 1-5pm on M-Th. This space is available for presenters as a workspace.
A poster preparation workshop will be announced. We will go over the elements of a successful poster as well as looking at some examples of good and not so good posters. Handouts and valuable reference links will be distributed.
In order to get an estimate on attendance, you will need to register if you plan to attend (no registration deadline).
PAST PURCS PROGRAMS
- 2014 PURC Symposium Abstracts with Program (PDF)
- 2013 PURC Symposium Abstracts with Program (PDF)
- 2011 PURC Symposium Abstracts with Program (PDF)
- 2010 PURC Symposium Abstracts with Program (PDF)
- 2009 PURC Symposium Abstracts with Program (PDF)
- 2008 PURC Forum Abstracts with Program (PDF)
- 2007 PURC Forum Abstracts with Program (PDF)